Monday, December 21, 2009

Finishing Touches-Sportex

Hello & Welcome.

I thought I would post a pic of the drilled bicycle brake levers" all cleaned up. And also a pic of the vintage style toe clips and straps. I think the levers are gonna look great. Especially with the gum hoods.

I can`t believe how deep and wide these traps are. I like them wide as I have wide feet. And like to wear regular athletic shoes when I ride. So the bigger traps work really well for me. I just did not expect them to be so deep. I would love to test ride the bike, but we got some more snow last night. And it`s about 27 degrees fahrenheit. So I`m gonna pass on the ride. Today I have been taking the 1980 Continental apart. I have the threaded headset and one piece crank bearings in the cleaner now. I am not feeling 100% today. So I thought I would take a little break. Today is the first day of winter and I am already looking forward to spring. Everything is off the frame and I`m gonna clean it up and see how it looks. Maybe tomorrow I can post some pics of the progress. Well I should to get back to work now, So I`ll sign-off for now. Ride Safe (and warm) And as always, please remember to RESCUE, RESTORE & RECYCLE
Cheers,Hugh

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Cycling Blog Directory