|The Nishiki frame looking a little rough. The fork blades were the worst|
|I taped-off the crown and re-painted the blades after sanding.|
|After de-greasing and cleaning the head-set is ready for re-assembly.|
|Arm shown left was replaced, chain-ring was taken apart and cleaned/polished|
|Finishing up the front wheel, almost ready for some new rubber|
|At this point the crank is rebuilt, I have started touching up the frame and decals|
|The front caliper is ready for cleaning and polishing|
|The Nishiki is beginning to come together. I love the Charge "Spoon" saddle|
|I ordered Dia-Compe levers to match the DC Calipers. They need polishing|
|I found the SunTour ARX derailleur on e-bay to match the rear & the shifters|
|I like the Well-Go pedals (Shimano 105 knock-offs) they look "period correct"|
Who ever had serviced the crank had it really screwed up. They did not thread the drive side in all the way. (I suspect they started on the wrong side) Because of this mistake it had no retainer ring on the left side. As it was threaded in all the way to compensate for the drive side being out about 3/16
Then when the left pedal arm got loose. Instead of removing the dust-cap and tightening the retaining nut, they just kept riding it. This elongated the hole.
That is why I had to scrap the left side arm. I was very lucky to have a matching one on hand. I can`t wait to take it for a real ride. Now that the heat-wave is coming to an end. That should be real soon.
Till next time, Ride Safe and remember to always RESCUE, RESTORE & RECYCLE