Hello, I got some masonry work in this week, so not too much to report. I did manage to get the folding bike cleaned up a bit. The top photo is when it first arrived. Look closely and you can see some rust. And a slightly kinked cable. I did a little rust removal and installed new brake-cables and housings. Also re-positioned the bicycle brake shoes so they make better contact with the rim. I think I will install new rear brake shoes. Although it is better, it still feels a little weak. Also the spring on the rear rack was sprung. I just re-wound it a bit, and it seems fine now. So now I will polish the rims first chance I get. And I need to clean-up the white-walls a bit. And wash the bike. Then it should be good to go! Oh yes, I do need to adjust the rear derailleur a bit. I`m only getting 4 out of 5 gears. I don`t expect that to be a problem as the derailleur looks to be in good condition. And the adjustment screws are clearly marked. The Next Project is a Schwinn "World" with a "Giant" built frame. And some pretty nice Belgium made alloy bicycle wheels. It is very dirty but appears to be in really good shape. A definite case of LTSD (long term storage disorder). I`m thinking about doing a step by step restoration on the blog. If you think that would be cool please leave a comment and let me know. Remember, RESCUE-RESTORE & RECYCLE Cheers, Hugh
Grant Withers and Jack Mulhall ride a bike.
13 hours ago