Friday, May 8, 2009

A Successful Bicycle Hunt

Hello and Welcome, Yesterday was a very successful bicycle hunting day. I stopped at 3 of my favorite "secret" places and found something interesting at each one.
Above: At the first stop on my hunt I found this very nice (Made in France) MotoBecane Mixtie.
Above: At stop number two I found this interesting KTM commuter bicycle. And I thought they only made motorcycles? Then I stopped by my place to unload.
Above: Then at the third place I found this little folding bike. Eventually all three will all be refurbished, getting everything they need to be safe and functional. There will be a lot of cosmetic work done as well. I am currently in the process of refurbishing a sweet Lotus Excelle (very cool bike). So these three will have to wait. I will undoubtedly be doing a post about the Lotus very soon. Before I sign-off I would like to say this. The key to successful bike hunting is knowledge. Example: Seller sees "A little green bike with two flat tires". I see a French Built original MotoBecane Mixtie. With no air in the tires "probably because they don`t have a presta-valve capable pump". Bingo!
Until next time please RIDE SAFE and Remember to always... RESCUE, RESTORE & RECYCLE!
Cheers,Hugh<

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Cycling Blog Directory