Sunday, August 2, 2009

MotoBecane Mixtie Project

Hello and Welcome
I have not had time to work on bikes these past few weeks. Or update my blog for that matter. But the "Architectural Stone" job I have been working on is finished. So today I was able to work on the MotoBecane Mixtie. I have cleaned up the crank and chain-rings and chain ring guard. Also I rebuilt the threaded headset today and cleaned up the frame a bit. I also cleaned up the touring stem and the handlebar clamp bolt and nut. On a sad note I sold the Fuji "Gran-Tourer" Friday. But the young man who bought it really likes the bike a lot. And I am sure he will give it a good home. The Fuji is a beautiful road bike and maybe the most comfortable road bike I have ever owned or ridden. And I think it was the best restoration I have done up to this point. I will miss it. Good News! I have a second Park Tool PCS 9 Work Stand on order. This is cool because it will allow me to have 2 bike projects going at once. It will be nice to be able to start another bike while I am waiting for parts to arrive. Hopefully I am one little step closer to making this hobby an occupation. I think it will be a while before I can walk away from the masonry business. And I`m not sure if I will get out of it all together. But it would be nice to be able to pick and choose the jobs I want to work on. Which I already do for the most part. Well it is getting late and I have a brick repair job to do tomorrow. So I will say good bye for now. Please RIDE SAFELY and Remember to Always RESCUE, RESTORE & RECYCLE
Cheers, Hugh



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Cycling Blog Directory