Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Schwinn 5 Speed LadiesSuburban Finished

Hello and Welcome,
I finished the Suburban yesterday. I think the restoration went well.

The derailleur is working fine. I polished and mounted the touring brake levers. I had a little trouble getting one of them back on the bars. I took them apart when I removed them to avoid trying to remove the original Schwinn grips.

I also put the new Jagwire X Caliper Brake Shoes on and ran the new Jagwire Basics Brake Cables to the brakes.I decided to go with new cable housings. I think that after 30 years it was due. The brakes adjusted easily (Thank you Bicycle Gods). I took it for a short test ride in the driveway and everything seems to be working smoothly. It was a real cloudy wet day so I was not able to get the pics I wanted. But these will due fine for now.

I already have it posted for sale. I think it will sell. All the kids have returned to school. And I`m sure some are still looking for a good campus bike. I`m hoping to find an old English Men`s 3 speed bike. I want a black one with the white fender tips. Also I have a tall Fuji I think I will be starting this weekend. The paint is a little rough, but dull silver should be easy to touch up. Unfortunately it is to tall for me. So I`ll be selling it as soon as it is finished. Last night I located some step by step directions for building a track or fixed gear bike. I don`t think it will be a big deal. I just want to see what all the fuss is about. Well it is very late (for me anyway) 12:49am. I think I`ll have a little ice-cream and go back to bed. Please Ride Safe,Wear a helmet. And Please remember to always RESCUE,RESTORE & RECYCLE......Cheers,Hugh

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Cycling Blog Directory