Thursday, May 28, 2009

Waiting For Parts



Nothing new to report about the Schwinn "World" restoration. I am
still waiting for parts. Good thing I ordered them way ahead of time.
Meanwhile my dear friend Sue from segerstudio.com sent me these cool photographs from Hobe Sound in Fla. Thanks Sue! Visit her site sometime and check-out the photographs. Sue has the distinction of taking the only photograph of me (actually 2) that I like. I absolutely cringe when I see a camera.
I went for my ride today it rained most of the time. However it is warm
and very humid today.So it did not feel bad at all. In traffic, it would have sucked though. But the paved bike path was not very busy today. I had on yellow glasses which really brighten up a gloomy day. And wow the woods really come to life! Still no deer sightings. I did see some wild Turkeys (one up close). I was hoping for something more exciting than a really fresh Butter-Ball. On the way out of the park I did spot a red-tail hawk in a tree off to the side of the road. Since the park ranger was right on my back bumper, I decided not to pull over and try to photograph it. I think He was investigating a "bear-Pick-nic basket" incident. Just kidding no bears this far south. Maybe someday.
UPDATE: A Bear was recently spotted south of here in Washtenaw County Mi.It appears someday has arrived!
Also if you haven`t already, visit the oldtenspeedgallery.com You can submit pics of your classic (or not so classic) ten-speed. And vote for the "Ten-Speed of The Month." An honor that has eluded me so far. Tell them Hugh sent you. Well that's about all I got today. Ride Safe and remember to RESCUE-RESTORE & RECYCLE
Cheers,Hugh

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

 
Cycling Blog Directory