Hello and Welcome.
Today I finished the Schwinn Continental project. The remainder of the parts arrived late yesterday. And as these things will happen, a problem popped up totally unexpected right at the finish. The rear wheel somehow got all "out of wack". I have no idea what happened to it, somehow it got knocked horribly out of true. I know I trued it and polished it and re-moved cleaned and repacked the axle bearings etc. Anyway it was hopeless to try to repair it. So I searched the shop/garage for a suitable replacement. I was fortunate I found a fairly straight, almost clean wheel with a 6 speed free wheel. So after a quick polish and clean-up and minimal time on the wheel truing stand, I was back in business.
Oh yeah, there was another problem. As I got ready to mount the new saddle, I could not locate the seat post clamp anywhere. Now, I have a bunch of those in a box. But not the tiny one that they used on this and some other old Schwinn bikes with small diameter seat posts. I finally located one that had none of the toothed adjusters with it. But I managed to piece together a complete seat post clamp. I`m sure the original will turn up now that the bike is done...lol.
So now I just have to do a little tweaking and a little touch-up. But for the most part it is finished. I am quite pleased with the way the yellow and black came together. My son calls it "The Bumble Bee Bike" But He likes it too! (I think) That`s about it for tonight. Please Ride Safely, and Always Remember to RESCUE, RESTORE & RECYCLE!
P.S. SEE More Pictures of the Bumble Bee Bike below.
Colchester Streets Challenge - The Beginning
19 hours ago