Left Click on Image to Enlarge. Back Button (<) to Return
Above: The Fuji s10s is finished at last. The micro adjust seat post showed up a couple days ago. And today the brown Charge Spoon Saddle showed up. I finally found a supplier who had these in stock, so I ordered two. And after speaking to the supplier about the saddle, I ordered two more. It took me a long time to find a saddle with the style and look I wanted.(at an affordable price) But when I tried to order one, They were always "on back order." So when I located someone who had just purchased "all they had" (50 units) I decided to stock-up. So now I have 3 more in brown and one in black.That should hold me for a while.
Above: The Fuji S10S shortly after it arrived. I scavenged the levers for another project. I had already decided that I was going to use aero brakelevers on this project.
The idea was to take it from "classic commuter" to "classic road racer".
The brakes (mostly the front one) turned into a problem. I did not want to use the center-pull brakes with the aero-levers. I new the cable routing to the front brake would be a problem. So I ordered a new set of Tek Tro side pull caliper brakes. This would make for a nice clean installation with minimal exposed cable. In My Dreams Maybe! Of course the brakes did not fit. So no problem, I`ll just refurbish and re-use the center-pull brakes it came with. Only one problem, I had already installed the original levers on another bike, which I sold..lol. So I guess it is true "Necessity IS the Mother of Invention" So I came up with this slightly modified V Brake Noodle. The idea being, to get the cable to the front brake caliper with a minimum amount of exposed cable. Anyway it worked "Thank God"
Above: This fork had a scratch on both sides of the bike, probably from rubbing during transport. Normally I would touch it up with black nail-polish or just re-paint the road fork. I decided to try to use the unused tape with the Cinelli logo on it. This tape is supplied for doing the end of the handlebar tape. I`m "old school"
I don`t use tape to secure either end of my cork tape. I know that is "How it is Done" these days. Well in my day, it was not done that way. We would sometimes use a small piece of "starter tape" which would be hidden. But there was "No way in Hell" we would have ever wrapped the end (or ends) with electrical tape. I`m talking about the mid 1960`s to the early 1970`s. I remember a few years ago when I got back into the bicycling world. I saw some bars taped with the ends secured with what looked like electrical tape at a high-end bike store. I asked the young man there "What the hell is this?" He explained that it holds the tape in place and that is how it is done. I told him "In my day they would have run you right out the door for doing tape like that". I will admit, I tried it a few times. But I thought it looked like crap! And I still think so. So "screw me" I guess lol The red stripe at the top and bottom of the Cinelli logo tape I cut from 3M Trim Tape with a razor knife and a metal rule. The wave of tropical muggy weather has finally passed. I hope to get busy on the bikes again. I have gotten in a few interesting old bikes this past week. I will be posting them soon. If I offended anyone about the handlebar cork tape thing. Sorry, I`m just telling it, like I see it. Till Next Time RIDE SAFE! and Remember to always RESCUE-RESTORE&RECYCLE
Vote for Our Children as Two Wheeled Winter Commuters
44 minutes ago